Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 7 - Day 1 Leptin Reset

Well my body is a little upset at me I think. I still have the headache and now I am spotting/cramping. I sure not taking my Metformin is the cause. I have been off it 5 days now? (edited... I haven't had caffeine for 5 days, that's my headache source!)

Today I started the Leptin Reset program. Basically it jump starts your body back in to burning the stored fat. Insulin resistance goes hand in hand with this. I've read so many success stories over at Mark's Daily Apple it's hard not to try it.

So this morning, within 30 mins of waking up, I had to consume 50g of protein. Yes, you read that right. 50! Oh, and with minimal carbs. I had a clementine. So, breakfast consisted of 4 slices of low-sodium bacon, 4 turkey links, 3 eggs over easy, and 3 slices of sliced ham. 49g of protein total. It was a lot of food, and different than what I'm used to, but I'm giving this a 100% go.

The thought is that the protein and fat will keep me satisfied throughout the day. I won't be as hungry as fast if I were eating grains or cereal. At my next 2 meals I will eat some protein and still little carbs. I plan to load up on veggies!

Dinner was steak, beets and summer squash, yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment