Thursday, August 25, 2011

Intro - Day .5

Ok, I can't call this Day 1 because I just started. Really, like a few hours ago. However, being the first day of school for the kids I spent most of my day researching and reading about PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) and how a paleo diet can help. I came across blog after article after web site. I feel so encouraged to read true stories that sound just like my own.

Paleo basically means going back to primitive eating. It includes natural foods that could be eaten raw, though you do not have to. It excludes foods that are man-made and hard on our digestive systems.
Approved foods include things like meat, veggies, nuts, some fruit and seafood. It excludes foods that are processed, grains, dairy, legumes, and refined sugar.

Long story short, PCOS is a hormonal imbalance that affects ovulation and so much more! Keeping your insulin levels level can help with the symptoms. A paleo diet can do just that!

My Menu for Day .5
I already had a slim-fast this morning before I decided to try going paleo. Oh well, on to the next meal. For lunch I had butternut squash soup. It was pre-made so it may not have been 100% paleo approved. It was pretty close though. I didn't have time to go by the store for fresh veggies and such before dinner. I decided to tweak what I had on hand. I cooked turnip greens with seasonings and some bacon pieces. I cooked 2 chicken breasts in sliced mushrooms with salt-free seasonings. My family had a few different things, I am not attempting to switch them over as of now.
Here is a picture of my dinner plate. I love that your servings sizes can be larger and you can enjoy veggies galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment