Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 5 - Hmmm

So yesterday was Day 5. I had a lot of trouble sleeping and woke up with a headache. I think this is because I have cut down (a lot) on alcohol. Ok, I was quite the drinker. Beer just makes my mouth water, I can't help it. But, other than some wine over the weekend, I have been beer-free for 11 days! I think cutting back is interrupting my sleep (although it is a very good thing).

For breakfast I wasn't very hungry but decided for insulin reasons I shouldn't skip. I made 2 eggs over easy and had 7 turkey smokie links. Oh, I had a little coffee too with just a tad of splenda.



For a late lunch I had 2 pieces of deli turkey meat, guacamole, carrots, and celery. I knew we were going to a Pizza Place and I surely didn't want to eat a lot there. They didn't have a good salad bar or gluten-free crust. I had 2 slices of thin-crust, light cheese, chicken, bacon, and mushrooms. I guess that my cheat for the week. You know what? It didn't even taste that good and I still don't miss carbs!

I took a short walk yesterday and will be walking at least everyday now. I do have to get active and I know I have to ease back into it. I would like to get back into my HIIT (high intensity interval training). On September 19th I have to start going to the YMCA for school. No excuses, I will get 'er done!

I've decided to track my calories starting today. I use Sparkpeople.com and love it! They have 3 different paleo/primal teams I am part of. I want to see my carb intake to see just how low I am. I know there is a fine line I don't want to cross.

If you are reading these I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to pass this along to others who may be beginning this journey as well.

I am off to the Dr. in a bit for blood work and such. I have been off my Metformin for 3 days, I ran out. I am thinking I'm going to stay off for a while and see what happens. I'd like to be drug-free while transitioning my body over. I'll post how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment